- Fully rooted living succulent plant in a 4 inch industry standard plastic growers pot with soil.
- Plants will arrive in individual gift packaging with cushioning.
- Plants may not be identical to the photos as they are live plants and grow differently throughout the year. Colorful plants will fade due to being in a dark box for several days but should brighten back up with the correct lighting and care. Plants may arrive taller, shorter, wider, narrower, thicker or less thick based on health, availability, season and readiness.
- Fat Plants is a California licensed grower and retail nursery.
- See product description for more information on plant species
The jade plant is an evergreen with thick branches. It has thick, shiny, smooth leaves that grow in opposing pairs along the branches. Leaves are a rich jade green, although some may appear to be more of a yellow-green. Some varieties may develop a red tinge on the edges of leaves when exposed to high levels of sunlight. New stem growth is the same color and texture as the leaves, becoming woody and brown with age.
It grows as an upright, rounded, thick-stemmed, strongly branched shrub and reaches stature heights of up to 2.5 meters. The base is usually sparsely branched. Sometimes a single main trunk of up to 6 centimeters in diameter is formed. The succulent shoots are gray-green. The bark of older branches peels off in horizontal, brownish stripes.
The oppositely arranged, ascending to spreading, green leaves are stalked with up to 5 millimeters short. The fleshy, bare, obovate, wedge-shaped leaf blade is 3 to 9 centimeters long and 1.8 to 4 centimeters wide. The sharp-edged leaf margins are often reddish.
|Dimensions||8 × 4 × 4 in|