- Fully rooted living succulent plant in a 4 inch industry standard plastic growers pot with soil.
- Plants will arrive in individual gift packaging with cushioning.
- Plants may not be identical to the photos as they are live plants and grow differently throughout the year. Colorful plants will fade due to being in a dark box for several days but should brighten back up with the correct lighting and care. Plants may arrive taller, shorter, wider, narrower, thicker or less thick based on health, availability, season and readiness.
- Fat Plants is a California licensed grower and retail nursery.
- See product description for more information on plant species
Out of stock
Often referred to as the elephant bush, portulacaria afra is one of the easiest stemmed succulents. This succulent plant does well indoors and outdoors, in full sun as well as shade and is easily propagated by cuttings. You can bonsai it and keep it indoors as a small plant or plant it in the ground so it can become a dense shrub. Stems are a deep red, almost purple color with round green leaves. If you are lucky you will see tiny, bright violet flowers in midsummer. Native to South Africa and Swaziland this plant is called the elephant bush due to the relationship it has with the wild animal. It is one of their favorite snacks and as they trample through it to eat, the spread cuttings that eventually grow into new shrubs. Some people mistakenly refer to this as a jade plant, although they are not related. As with most succulents use a fast draining cactus or succulent soil in a pot with drainage. Water only when the soil is dry, approximately once a week in hot months and every other week in the cooler months.
|Dimensions||8 × 4 × 4 in|